Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Big Boy Week!

We've had a great week enjoying our few days in one spot. On Sunday one of our dear friends/teammate threw a Wildcat Party! Bear Down! It was a mini reunion that was overdue.
It was so fun seeing each other, our families, and catching up. I miss my Cats! It was so good to see their smiles and get updated on our so called grown up lives. Ha! We are so not grown up! Its fun seeing us all pretend. Ace even has a new buddy, Tanner. He is 1. This was our first time meeting him, what a doll! So fun, being teammates, becoming friends, now even moms! Pretty amazing. I am so proud of these girls and blessed to call them friends. I only wish we lived closer and saw each other more. Here some shots of our fun!

Look at our little ham!
The Cats!
My mama, Ace, and I!

We had a big boy moment! Ace 2 days ago pooed in the potty!!! So out the door we went to go get Ace big boy underwear, he chose Diego. Oh, and a toy in celebration, power tools! Here we go... another chapter. We took Ace to the zoo today, he had a blast. His favorite was the horse, of all things. I am trying to freeze time as the holidays are coming so quickly. It is my favorite time of the year. Sweats, slippers, and hot chocolate. I love it! I love the lights, I love the decorations, I just want it to be Christmas forever! I love the sound, taste, and smell of it, I don't want it to end.

Please don't let the craziness of the holidays put a damper on this special time of year! Try to sit back, sip the warmth, be cozy, and enjoy! I'm trying, let's try together. I'm looking for some good recipes too, it would be fun if you all would share your favorite holiday recipe! I will come up with one too!

Blessings, love, & holiday cheer!
#27

9 comments:

rakethetable said...

Looks and sounds like a great time was had. It is the visitation of the family that I like most around the holidays.

Enjoy!

iheart27 said...

Hey Jennie we have a awsome recipe that we use for Christmas that is such a family hit that we make it for Thanksgiving as well it may sound a little wired but its really great. It is called cream cheese corn. All it is is packages of white sweet corn and yellow corn with equal amounts of cream cheese and butter and you cook it all on the stove top unilt it melts and cooks and if it dose not look creamey enough you can add more butter of cream cheese. We use 3 thing of Cream cheese and a stick and a half of butter.

Emily from Kansas

Dina said...

Just stopping long enough to comment and say how refreshing it is to see a high profile athlete maintaining her bold testimony for her Savior. Thank you for your unwavering dedication to your faith. It is a joy to see God's children meeting with huge success and returning all glory to Him. God Bless!

JERRY LEE JR...PALO ALTO AND EVANSTON! said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS...TO MS. JENNIE FINCH....#27

RANDALL JOHNSON OF WALNUT CREEK, CALIFORNIA...FROM USC...BASEBALL AND THE ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS....SEATTLE MARINERS..NY YANKEES...HOUSTON ASTROS....

295 WINS AND 160 LOSSES
4,790 STRIKOUTS....

GOOD LUCK TO THE BIG UNIT #51 IN THE QUEST FOR 300 WINS AND 5,000 STRIKEOUTS...

GO #51 AND #27!

LEE JR

Unknown said...

Hi Jennie, my husband and 13 year old pitcher left Massachusetts @ 2 this morning to travel to your PA. camp. I wasn't able to get time from work to acompany them, but I am so excited for her. Our favorite holiday recipe is for portugese stuffing. It uses Linguicia, a portugese sausage, that is huge in our community. It is a bit spicy.It also uses portugese pops which are the most delicous rolls. The whole family takes part in making this stuffing. We tear dozens of rolls, grind the linguicia, saute pounds of onions, and mix it all together with chicken broth. We make about 10 lbs. of it, we freeze some and give some to friends. Happy holidays to you and your family, and thank you for inspiring my girl to have dreams. I miss her, but I know she is in good hands at your camp. Sincerly, Stephanie Mitchell

Anonymous said...

CHOCOLATE BOTTOM MINI-CUPCAKES
INGREDIENTS:
CAKE

- Store bought chocolate cake mix. I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge but you can use your favorite.

FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate, chopped roughly
OR just use mini-chocolate chips (I use regular ones)

DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix cake batter according to box directions, set aside
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese, egg, sugar & salt until smooth then stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of batter into greased or paper-lined mini-muffin pan
- Top each muffin with abour 1 teaspoon of filling
Bake for 18-23 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
I hate to be the one to break the news to you girl..but...Ace isn't a baby anymore! :( Just seeing those pictures of him alone I can't believe how he turned into a little man overnight! And he already pottied!! wooooohoooo! I am sure he is gonna be so happy that his mom blogged about that when he grows up..lol..but it is a monumental thing and you should be proud! :) Thanks for sharing your family with us. I hope you have a blessed holiday season. Enjoy the downtime with them Jennie. xoxo
Trisha :)

Andie said...

Hi Jennie: Here is one of my favorite recipes. I actually grew up on this one. It came from my grandmother's file of recipes and my my brother put a twist in it.
MARK'S PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE.
(Mom Mom's with a variation)
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin dissolved in 1/4 C. cold water.
3/4 C. firmly packed brown sugar.
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3 eggs separated
3/4 C. milk
1-1/4 C. cooked/mashed pumpkin (drained)
1/3 C. granulated sugar
1 9" baked pie shell

Combine brown sugar, gelatin, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a heavy sauce pan. In another pan combine egg yokes and milk and beat well. Stir egg mixture into brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture boils. Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin thoroughly. Chill until it begins to thicken. (up to 3 hours)
With egg whites at room temperature beat until foamy. ( A little cream of tartar will help whites to firm up more readily). Gradually add sugar 1 tbsp. at a time to egg white mixture. Beat until peaks form. Fold egg whites into chilled pumpkin mixture. Pour into Baked pie shell and chill. Before serving, top with cool whip of fresh whipped cream.
ENJOY!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Jennie
I was wondering if you could talk about your favorite clothing stores or fashions? I'm 6 feet and have a hard time finding fashions that fit a tall and healthy girl like me. I find a few that work sometimes: banana republic, old navy, victoria's secret. alloy. Just wondering if you could talk about clothing and or size acceptance....like how you are ok with being a strong tall woman. Thanks for being a great role model.