Friday, January 11, 2008

Another loss, still high hopes!

Well another loss for the women... big bummer! I was so sad to have to see another teammate go, as you could tell by my 2 minute pause when Mr. Trump put me on the spot. It was terrible having to name someone. It was so tough... I was so torn and in a position I didn't want to be in. Nadia was so much fun to be around! She was of few words and when she spoke it was usually funny or very clever! I enjoyed getting to know her, especially being a big fan of hers! She was very thoughtful and very much a team player. We women really needing a victory being down 0-2. It was a lot of fun seeing Nelly in action, she is exceptional and full of knowledge. She is a great leader and very talented. Again, we did not use our "celebrity-ness" and came up short.

Training is going well! We are here at the Olympic Training Center surrounded by some of the greatest athletes in the world. I was chatting with some of the bmx women's team today, it was so interesting to hear about their world! They have built this massive ramp and course down here that is quite intimidating. They are working hard fighting for the Olympic spots! There are lots of track athletes that are residents, field hockey, and rowers. Its pretty inspiring us all having one common goal. Beijing!

Ace is doing great... he is loving having grass to play in. Our yard in Az consists of cacti and rocks. He loves driving his Winnie the Pooh car around, he thinks he owns this place. It was so funny talking to the bmx riders, them on their bikes and Ace on his car. He was trying to figure out how to upgrade, he was checking them out. Antonio (Lisa's boy) and Ace had fun with finger paints today that ended up to be full body paints. They are little buds! Its so cute! I better get going I'm missing out on kisses from Ace. I love it I could just eat him up, he loves to cuddle. The cutest most irresistible sight is him taking his binky out and leaning in to give me a kiss! Nite, gotta go it's my favorite time of the day, cuddle time.

15 comments:

Brianna said...

I am still telling anybody who will listen about that darn Cactus in your yard!!! They don't even believe me!!

Jess said...

Jennie, I have an ADORABLE picture of you and Ace from last years camp in Sulphur, LA if you would like me to send it to you, my email is J3SSLOVE@aim.com

Thanks!
Jess.

slatensangel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slatensangel said...

I am sorry to hear Nadia leave. I like her. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way for you women.

I wish you and your team the best of luck in the Olympics. Tell Casey, Anya wishes him well with the Twins.

Jasmine said...

I LOVE YOU, Jennie!! Aren't you so glad I told you to get a blog! :)
xoxo...

Pepper said...

I just bought tickets to the game in Topeka, KS for my husband & my daughter to come see you ladies play! She is 11---& soooo very excited to see you (she's a pitcher too)! June is not going to get here soon enough.
I think quite a few girls from her 12 & Under softball team are going as well! Are you guys doing autograph sessions? If not-is there something we can set up for this team if they all go?
Thanks & Best of Luck to you Ladies!

scarlette said...

Rachel & I are enjoying watching The Apprentice. You are doing GREAT!! It is definitely the LADIES turn to win! Looking forwards to seeing you & Ace next month in Palm Springs. I know we will see some awesome SOFTBALL! We are excited to see the team play!! Train hard...see ya soon!

Morgan said...

hey jennie i watch the show every thursday i wont miss it for anything if i have softball i leave ten minutes early...i met u at one of the chicago bandits games and i was in heaven because ur my hero, my idle anything you could think of. i want to be just like you. u took a picture with me and i can send you a copy if ur interested idk how u feel about that kind of thing but you probably get this everyday but my email is hot_sweetie18@yahoo.com im also a pitcher i am working very hard to try to achieve my goals if you would e-mail me if you get the chance i would be the happiest kid in the world...thanks,Morgan

softballvr33 said...

hi Jennie,
Sorry about the womens loss, good luck in the weeks to come. I watch it every Thursday- I wouldn't miss it for anything. Just wanted to say I look up to you a lot. I'm trying to get my parents to take me to one of the tour games =]. Best of luck with everything- apprentice and softball

Jackie

SIMS (softball is my savior) said...

oh my gosh i cant wait till i have a son so i can have cuddle time ... sorry bout the loss i look forward to seeing you guys play this summer . by the way i love that picture when you are pitching in the dress!

sftbldiva said...

jennie you are doing sooo good with trump! keep it goin!

Ace sounds adorable! I wish your team luck! Go USA!

finchgirl118 said...

I watched that one and I new that you didn't want to answer him!! I dont really like that show but since you are on it I watch it all the time!!! I can't wait to see you at Williamsport on May 8

finchgirl118 said...

Hello I just want to tell you good luck and your doing good and I can't wait to see you again in May and god bless you and your family

glamgurl31 said...

Hey Jennie,

I just watched The Apprentice and I just wanted to say that I totally appreciate the way you stuck to doing what was right and I totally respect the way that you did not choose to become someone that you are not for the sake of winning. I do not know alot about your sport but I can see why you are so successful at it. That world where people like Omarosa win is a world of lying, cheating, and do anything to succeed and that is just not who you are. I saw a lot of myself in you on there because I have been in situations where I either had to choose to do something that went against my morals or risk not succeeding and many times I lost but watching your performance reinforces what I already know winning is not everything. So in my book Jennie you are a HUGE winner. Young women everywhere had the opportunity see what fair play means. Omarosa would fit well at Enron. FYI I am a black woman like the O as well but that is where our similiarities end. Jennie why don't you approach the Network about doing a show with the same premise as The Apprentice but one where you are rewarded based on ho well you work with your teammates maybe something called "FairPlay", I would love to see that.
Go Jennie!!!!!

Racheal in SC

Stv6950 said...

Hello, I just wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration you are to young girls, my 9 year old niece looks at you as a hero of the faith, it is refreshing to see how you represent you faith in a truly honest way, some athletes thank God for thier gifts but sometimes it is just a tag line that they use and it has no meaning. All the best and God Bless