Wednesday, May 12, 2010
We had such a blast just almost 2 weeks ago kicking off our first JF Sofball Camp in Spring, TX! I was so excited to get back out on the field and share the game with so many anxious softballers. It was about time... Spring Sting was our host and they did such a great job, we truly enjoyed getting to know them and sharing the weekend with them! San Jacinto JC, did such a fantastic job assisting us. They brought their "A" Game, they had so much energy & fun out there. It was way over due seeing our, beyond "Fab" Coaches too! This is the best part about what I do is getting on the field sharing the passion and love for this great game with others. We not only share fundamentals of the game but more importantly life lessons way beyond the field.
We had a blast of a weekend with each other! We started out at a Charity Dinner for the Houston Children's Hospital on Friday. Here we are below getting our picture with Nolan Ryan! It was fun getting to dress Toni & Mac up in my clothes for the night... not so much fun for them! ;) It was a fun night for a great cause with some incredible people in attendance. We were honored to have my handsome nephew Brock as our date for the night too.
We look forward to heading over to Ardmore, OK this weekend for another camp! Can't wait to present Healdton Softball with their State Trophy to kick off camp! We are praying for the tornado victims and all of the mid west as the upcoming weather rolls in as they are on our hearts.
Our last camp of the 2010 spring will be Memorial Day weekend May 29 & 30 in Colorado Springs. Register today, http://jenniefinch.net/camps/CO2010.pdf We hope to see you there! We will be opening up our registrations for our Fall 2010 Camps during the summer, keep checking the website!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Happy 1 day late Mother's Day to all of the Mom's out there! I hope you all had a well deserved most fabulous Mother's Day! I enjoyed my day with my Ace's at a couple of ball fields, a save, and then topped off with a wonderful dinner with them & ice cream on the couch! Actual dinners like sitting down at a table as a family is far and few between during the baseball season we can usually count them on one hand. I was very thankful we were able to share a dinner together at a table as a family... a precious gift!
I am so incredibly blessed beyond words regarding my Mom! She is the best! She is my rock! So many laughs, tears, joy, celebrations, losses, lessons, and so many unforgettable memories. She has shown me and taught me so much about life and love! She is always there for me to talk to, always there to shed a tear with, she has always been there...
I decided I would make a list of 27 (of course) things to share about my mom! ...I could go on forever but will share 27 with you.
1. She took off 3 weeks of work to go with me to China for World Championships hauling Ace over seas with me at 3 months old! (If that's not love...) Oh, we packed for any and every emergency, diapers & food for a year in case we got stuck... it was crazy and we DID it!
2. Getting up at 4 am every morning for work to enable us to do what we loved.
3. Setting up the snack shack throughout High School through 3 seasons a year for 4 years! Volleyball, Basketball, & Softball
4. She is always there to tell me how it is and what I need to hear not what I want to hear.
5. She has put up with a living room table of fan mail for the last 8 years and has gone through every single piece of mail I have received. She helps me answer it all back. Yes, thank her she deserves all of the credit, I just sign.
6. She makes my clean clothes smell like heaven (I cannot figure it out, same soap, same softener... its her magic touch).
7. She makes the best lasagna I have ever tasted.
8. She gives the best hugs & back rubs.
9. She has such a sensitive & caring heart, cries at everything... I am following in her footsteps!
10. She yells during Laker games at the TV! It would scare Ace when he was little, now he yells for Kobe and shouts Go Lakers right with her!
11. She has the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen!
12. She told me after I pitched a perfect game in HS, if I did another back to back I could get a Guess Watch (which I wanted so very badly), sure enough I did it, she bought it! A fun memory!
13. She is very conservative, my shorts & skirts are never long enough. I appreciate that in her.
14. She adores her grand kids! Seeing her with Ace is the greatest sight!
15. She kept peace (for the most part) in our household with our father/daughter softball world & relationship! :)
16. She's always up to share a bowl of ice cream with you.
17. She bleeds Dodger Blue & now whatever team Casey is with.
18. She took 2 weeks off of work to be with us as Casey was on the road and Ace was just born! (Such a special time we shared... treasured memories forever.)
19. She went to Taiwan and took my Grandma with her to watch me play for the Jr. USA Team. My first USA experience it was so special having them there & reassuring at the age of 17.
20. She is there to listen everyday when I call her.
21. She laughs so hard she cries & coughs.
22. She doesn't wear makeup and is naturally beautiful.
23. We have the same toes.
24. She gets competitive when it matters.
25. She is a woman of faith and loves the Lord!
26. I love her hands, always well manicured and so very soft! She has such a gentle touch.
27. She is my Mom and I adore her!!!
She loves the little things in life and is such a simple person full of love! I am completely overwhelmed with such appreciation and gratitude for all she has been, sacrificed, and cont. to be in my life! I love you Mom! I thank the Lord above daily for blessing me with a Mother like you!
She has taught me and enabled me to always Dream & Believe!